Maple Orgtech (India) Ltd. is manufacturing and propagating EM in India under agreement with EMRO, Japan. EM technology was developed by Dr. Teruo Higa in Japan. EM stands for âï¿½ï¿½Effective Microorganismsâï¿½ï¿½. It is a consortium of different strains of beneficial and effective microorganisms, both aerobic and anaerobic in nature. It is processed by EMRO personnel under strict quality standard in Maple Orgtech, Kolkata. These organisms are collected from the natural environment and not imported, exotically or genetically engineered. The main microbes are Lactobacillus, Photosynthetic bacteria, yeast.
Agriculture practiced with EM.1 technology follows five principles.
The principles are as follows
- Production of safe and nutritious food for better health.
- Improves economic and holistic benefits to both producers (farmers) and consumers.
- Sustainability and ease of practice by every person.
- Conservation of the environment.
- Production of sufficient food of high quality for the increasing populations.
Framing with EM technology is a way that harmonizes with nature .Hence; it is a living process that blends all components of agricultural ecosystems to provide healthy food to all living beings, while maintaining the sustainability.
Benefits of Maple EM Technology in Agriculture are
- Maple EM is ECO FRIENDLY, SAFE and ORGANIC.
- Maple EM.1 reduces the time span for making compost drastically.
- Maple EM.1 increases the efficiency of organic matter as a Bio fertilizer.
- Maple EM.1 helps to maintain the soil microbial balance by suppressing harmful microbes and increase beneficial microbes.
- Maple EM.1 helps in continuous cropping and excellent weed control over a period of time (3-5 years).
- Maple EM.1 develops resistance of plants to pests and diseases and is a powerful tool for IPM.
- Maple EM.1 improves plant vigour and induces resistance to plants against drought/ stress.
- Continuous use of Maple EM.1would result in improvement in soil structure, texture, Â water retention, labour reduction and better yield, thus increasing the profitability for the farmers and conserving valuable natural resources.
- Maple EM.1 increases fruit setting and quality.
- Maple EM.1 increases shelf life of fruits and vegetables.
- Maple EM.1 enhances both cell division and elongation.
- Maple EM.1 enhances key enzymes and physiological process in plants.
- Maple EM.1 improves translocation of solutes and membrane permeability.
- Maple EM.1 improves photosynthesis and increases dry weight.
- YieldÂ increased due to direct action on pollination and fertilization.
- EM is safe for mammal, bird and fishes.
- EM is very economical.
All these mean lower cost of operations, easy application and better yield.